Nintendopeeps
Hello Viewers,
Welcome to Nintendopeeps. I hope that you enjoy the website and visit us again.

If you would like to communicate with other Nintendo fans, please join the forums and log in.
Nintendopeeps
Hello Viewers,
Welcome to Nintendopeeps. I hope that you enjoy the website and visit us again.

If you would like to communicate with other Nintendo fans, please join the forums and log in.
Nintendopeeps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Main websiteHomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Meta Knight's Final Competitive Days?

Go down 
4 posters

Should MK Be Banned?
Yes
Meta Knight's Final Competitive Days? Vote_lcap10%Meta Knight's Final Competitive Days? Vote_rcap1
 0% [ 0 ]
No
Meta Knight's Final Competitive Days? Vote_lcap1100%Meta Knight's Final Competitive Days? Vote_rcap1
 100% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 2

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Ganondorf Spirits Group
Administrator
Administrator
Ganondorf Spirits Group

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2008-11-02
Nintendopeeps Coins : 1119
Infractions : No infractions

Meta Knight's Final Competitive Days? Empty
PostSubject: Meta Knight's Final Competitive Days?   Meta Knight's Final Competitive Days? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 8:05 am

EDIT: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=242903 Read all the arguments carefully if you want to see the ban from a pro perspective.

It seems that Smashboards.com again has made a poll for deciding if MK should be banned from any competitive brawls (aka, tourneys and such). I will post the link to poll later (Wii internet stinks for this lol) so you guys can read the arguments for both sides as well as see the poll numbers for yes or no. This thread will also have a poll to see what the members of nintendopeeps.com think about this.

Please post your reasons for yes or no (well thought out ones please). Remember, I'll put the link to the official poll soon.

I think MK shouldn't be banned because he already has been apart of tourneys and such for a time now. I don't understand why cheap Ice Climbers always best me and I actually have beat cheap MK's in Brawl: yet, MK is under fire again. Think about it this way: if they ban MK, they won't be afraid of banning another such as Snake or the Ice Climbers. This means that people who worked hard to main these characters for when money is on the line, will simply have to "find another main." The point is every character can be cheap in Brawl, MK was just picked first.

Last edited by Ganondorf Spirits Group on Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:30 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added link to the site.)
Back to top Go down
http://www.friendcodes.com/
Big Bang

Big Bang

Number of posts : 1183
Registration date : 2008-10-26
Nintendopeeps Coins : 3081

PostSubject: Re: Meta Knight's Final Competitive Days?   Meta Knight's Final Competitive Days? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 8:18 am

I'll have to agree... Don't ban Meta Knight.

I've seen some videos from youtube with him battling opponents in brawl,and it's fun to see him win/lose.

I don't know how good he can be used,but if I had a brawl game,I'd hate to see characters I can't use in tournaments.

It's not like he's the most powerful character... You just have to know how to use him.
Back to top Go down
https://nintendopeeps.1talk.net/forum.htm
Pokemonrock

Pokemonrock

Number of posts : 306
Registration date : 2009-01-27
Nintendopeeps Coins : 1054

PostSubject: Re: Meta Knight's Final Competitive Days?   Meta Knight's Final Competitive Days? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 3:21 pm

Same here.. I MAIN Mety... He really can be weak when computers play as him... but not for me. He can be used quite well... and why not ban Sonic? He is cheap too... course, why are pplz banning meta knight?! He isn't all too powerful! Only thing that makes him that way is his combo speed... I know what we must do... WE MUST STAY LOYAL TO ALL CHARACTERS IN BRAWL! We're a website of our own! We can let Mety be playable! Who's with me?
Back to top Go down
Cinder

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2009-08-22
Nintendopeeps Coins : 660

PostSubject: Re: Meta Knight's Final Competitive Days?   Meta Knight's Final Competitive Days? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 10:00 am

(All of this coming from a Melee player, mind you)

I'd have to agree with Pokémonrock. The Smashboards poll is about the SBR rule. Y'all could come up with your own ruleset.

As for MK himself, I understand WHY he's so debatable. Disgustingly good recovery, very spammable attacks with little lag, etc. etc., but I don't see why he should be banned. Yes, he is the ONLY character in Smash history to receive a perfect score on an SBR ranking (he got a 15/15...Melee Fox only got 9.9/10), but he's not unstoppable. I say don't ban...granted, I don't play Brawl, so it doesn't matter but so much...still, I'd be even MORE disgusted to see Smash get its first ever character-ban.

And P-rock, I hate to use tier-list logic, but the reason Sonic isn't banned is because, on a high-competitive level, he's not all that good. I'm no pro, but over the years, I learned to accept what the SBR says, since they tend to be right, and are on a much higher level of skill than myself. Last I checked, Sonic had a single-digit score out of 15. He might seem cheap to people that don't go to a lot of "official" tournaments, but in that "official" environment, he's quite managable and weak.

EDIT: I just checked the tier list (good thing y'all have it posted)...Sonic has a 4.16 out of 15...that's...ouch >_< that'd be why he's not banned.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meta Knight's Final Competitive Days?   Meta Knight's Final Competitive Days? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Meta Knight's Final Competitive Days?
Page 1 of 1