Nintendopeeps
Hello Viewers,
Welcome to Nintendopeeps. I hope that you enjoy the website and visit us again.

If you would like to communicate with other Nintendo fans, please join the forums and log in.



 
Main websiteHomeHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Getting rid of the "No Forums" rule

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Monasti
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
avatar

Number of posts : 926
Age : 23
Location : UK Wales
Registration date : 2009-04-16
Nintendopeeps Coins : 2011
Infractions : No infractions

PostSubject: Getting rid of the "No Forums" rule   Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:45 am

Well, I hope that the admins can think about what a stupid rule it is. If they do not understand, I will supply a list of reasons.

1. It means that we shouldn't really be linking to the affiliates if you think about it :/
2. We are such a small forum, and there are lots of small forums about, if we advertise between them we should be able to get more members. but what you are doing is making it so that we cannot.
3. Its not like all the members are going to leave here. If anything more members will appear because of positive advertising from both directions.

_________________
Back to top Go down
Big Bang

avatar

Number of posts : 1183
Age : 23
Location : The Caribbean
Registration date : 2008-10-26
Nintendopeeps Coins : 3081
Infractions : No infractions

PostSubject: Re: Getting rid of the "No Forums" rule   Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:34 pm

Well, the name of the sub-forum is called ~ Visit My Website, whistle

I was planning on creating a forum called : Promotion Section, and use two sub-forums for websites and forums...

But, you got to it before me, Clever

Lets see what the others have to say, Cool

Also, I am really afraid of phishing...

Example,

One of my administrators joins a phishing forum and their password is aviable to someone else and then they access this forum and destroy it.

Then I'll have to back-up the whole forum...

_________________
No Deposit Casino Bonus
Back to top Go down
http://nintendopeeps.1talk.net/forum.htm
CyberBlastoise
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
avatar

Number of posts : 820
Age : 27
Location : on a Bomberman Rampage
Registration date : 2008-10-26
Nintendopeeps Coins : 1397
Infractions : No infractions

PostSubject: Re: Getting rid of the "No Forums" rule   Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:18 am

I'm going to have to agree with Marc on this one. there are people out there who just love to haunt others for personal data and if someone does get ahold of one of the admins or even global moderators accounts, then basically this site is pretty much destroyed, so I say nay to this rule, with the exception of affiliates because we know for sure those are not phishing.

_________________

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]|[Only admins are allowed to see this link]|[Only admins are allowed to see this link]|[Only admins are allowed to see this link]|[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
Back to top Go down
Monasti
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
avatar

Number of posts : 926
Age : 23
Location : UK Wales
Registration date : 2009-04-16
Nintendopeeps Coins : 2011
Infractions : No infractions

PostSubject: Re: Getting rid of the "No Forums" rule   Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:26 pm

I have to say thats a load of bulls***


No forums. With ANY kind of forum software you cannot access another persons password, even as an admin. believe me, I know. I have been staff on enough forums.


No offense but these rules are like Nazi rules. You are unable to link to other forums.

And how can you tell your affiliates are not taking your passwords? You can't trust everyone that comes to you for affiliation.

Seriously guys. No other forums have a problem with it. And the forums that do get criticised.

And think. If people were stealing passwords, why would they still be getting members?

And why would our active members be linking to them?


You really need to join some more forums or something, because you seem to have no idea how this works....

_________________
Back to top Go down
Ganondorf Spirits Group
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Number of posts : 398
Location : The Twilight Zone
Registration date : 2008-11-02
Nintendopeeps Coins : 1119
Infractions : No infractions

PostSubject: Re: Getting rid of the "No Forums" rule   Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:42 pm

Monasti wrote:
I have to say thats a load of bulls***


No forums. With ANY kind of forum software you cannot access another persons password, even as an admin. believe me, I know. I have been staff on enough forums.


No offense but these rules are like Nazi rules(I LOL'd). You are unable to link to other forums.

And how can you tell your affiliates are not taking your passwords? You can't trust everyone that comes to you for affiliation.

Seriously guys. No other forums have a problem with it. And the forums that do get criticised.

And think. If people were stealing passwords, why would they still be getting members?

And why would our active members be linking to them?


You really need to join some more forums or something, because you seem to have no idea how this works....

I'm going to have to say that the "no forums" rule is fine with me. Why must we promote another forum on here when the people that already are members of that forum can just go to that forum and promote THIS WERBSITE ON THERE. I came from another forum because Marc told me to on that forum (thats how we got the first batch of members). If people posted a load of other forums here, the curiosity of members that are not already members there would compel them to check that site out and maybe become members there. Now you must be thinking, "We both benefit then, right?" Wrong, if those members can not get others to come here, then that site gains members while we get nothing in return (also you could say that those people would just quit, but that is usually not the case. I know from experience Rolling Eyes ). Curiosity killed the cat, and this case, the cat's name is Nintendopeeps.

_________________



My avatar shows what I do to rule breakers. Dark blue is your bane. XD


Last edited by Ganondorf Spirits Group on Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:45 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)
Back to top Go down
http://www.friendcodes.com/
Monasti
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
avatar

Number of posts : 926
Age : 23
Location : UK Wales
Registration date : 2009-04-16
Nintendopeeps Coins : 2011
Infractions : No infractions

PostSubject: Re: Getting rid of the "No Forums" rule   Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:01 am

Ganondorf Spirits Group wrote:
Monasti wrote:
I have to say thats a load of bulls***


No forums. With ANY kind of forum software you cannot access another persons password, even as an admin. believe me, I know. I have been staff on enough forums.


No offense but these rules are like Nazi rules(I LOL'd). You are unable to link to other forums.

And how can you tell your affiliates are not taking your passwords? You can't trust everyone that comes to you for affiliation.

Seriously guys. No other forums have a problem with it. And the forums that do get criticised.

And think. If people were stealing passwords, why would they still be getting members?

And why would our active members be linking to them?


You really need to join some more forums or something, because you seem to have no idea how this works....

I'm going to have to say that the "no forums" rule is fine with me. Why must we promote another forum on here when the people that already are members of that forum can just go to that forum and promote THIS WERBSITE ON THERE. I came from another forum because Marc told me to on that forum (thats how we got the first batch of members). If people posted a load of other forums here, the curiosity of members that are not already members there would compel them to check that site out and maybe become members there. Now you must be thinking, "We both benefit then, right?" Wrong, if those members can not get others to come here, then that site gains members while we get nothing in return (also you could say that those people would just quit, but that is usually not the case. I know from experience Rolling Eyes ). Curiosity killed the cat, and this case, the cat's name is Nintendopeeps.

ITS NOT ALL ABOUT THIS WEBSITE YOU FOOL

_________________
Back to top Go down
Ganondorf Spirits Group
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Number of posts : 398
Location : The Twilight Zone
Registration date : 2008-11-02
Nintendopeeps Coins : 1119
Infractions : No infractions

PostSubject: Re: Getting rid of the "No Forums" rule   Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:27 am

Monasti wrote:
Ganondorf Spirits Group wrote:
Monasti wrote:
I have to say thats a load of bulls***


No forums. With ANY kind of forum software you cannot access another persons password, even as an admin. believe me, I know. I have been staff on enough forums.


No offense but these rules are like Nazi rules(I LOL'd). You are unable to link to other forums.

And how can you tell your affiliates are not taking your passwords? You can't trust everyone that comes to you for affiliation.

Seriously guys. No other forums have a problem with it. And the forums that do get criticised.

And think. If people were stealing passwords, why would they still be getting members?

And why would our active members be linking to them?


You really need to join some more forums or something, because you seem to have no idea how this works....

I'm going to have to say that the "no forums" rule is fine with me. Why must we promote another forum on here when the people that already are members of that forum can just go to that forum and promote THIS WERBSITE ON THERE. I came from another forum because Marc told me to on that forum (thats how we got the first batch of members). If people posted a load of other forums here, the curiosity of members that are not already members there would compel them to check that site out and maybe become members there. Now you must be thinking, "We both benefit then, right?" Wrong, if those members can not get others to come here, then that site gains members while we get nothing in return (also you could say that those people would just quit, but that is usually not the case. I know from experience Rolling Eyes ). Curiosity killed the cat, and this case, the cat's name is Nintendopeeps.

ITS NOT ALL ABOUT THIS WEBSITE YOU FOOL

spam YES IT IS! HEIL NINTENDOPEEPS! lol!

_________________



My avatar shows what I do to rule breakers. Dark blue is your bane. XD
Back to top Go down
http://www.friendcodes.com/
Monasti
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
avatar

Number of posts : 926
Age : 23
Location : UK Wales
Registration date : 2009-04-16
Nintendopeeps Coins : 2011
Infractions : No infractions

PostSubject: Re: Getting rid of the "No Forums" rule   Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:37 am

Um, no its not. Please try to understand what I am saying.


I KNOW WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU DON'T AND THAT MAY BE THE REASON WE ARE INACTIVE.

_________________
Back to top Go down
Ganondorf Spirits Group
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Number of posts : 398
Location : The Twilight Zone
Registration date : 2008-11-02
Nintendopeeps Coins : 1119
Infractions : No infractions

PostSubject: Re: Getting rid of the "No Forums" rule   Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:14 am

Monasti wrote:
Um, no its not. Please try to understand what I am saying.


I KNOW WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU DON'T AND THAT MAY BE THE REASON WE ARE INACTIVE.

Now the CAPS are getting annoying.

I'll talk more nicely, we are inactive because of school, and that other forums just more to offer than us like game tournies. No, a tourney between forums would never work out. I know from experience that it always turns into flame wars.

I'm going to have to say that if no one else comments except us I will consider this a rejected suggestion.

_________________



My avatar shows what I do to rule breakers. Dark blue is your bane. XD
Back to top Go down
http://www.friendcodes.com/
Monasti
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
avatar

Number of posts : 926
Age : 23
Location : UK Wales
Registration date : 2009-04-16
Nintendopeeps Coins : 2011
Infractions : No infractions

PostSubject: Re: Getting rid of the "No Forums" rule   Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:29 pm

Um. Its not your choice. You aren't an admin.


Besides. Having no forums rule is like saying this place is Nazis. If you allow forums, perhaps I'll do a bit of advertising. But as you aren't, I'm not tellin no stinking forum about this place.

_________________
Back to top Go down
Ganondorf Spirits Group
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Number of posts : 398
Location : The Twilight Zone
Registration date : 2008-11-02
Nintendopeeps Coins : 1119
Infractions : No infractions

PostSubject: Re: Getting rid of the "No Forums" rule   Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:38 pm

Monasti wrote:
Um. Its not your choice. You aren't an admin.


Besides. Having no forums rule is like saying this place is Nazis. If you allow forums, perhaps I'll do a bit of advertising. But as you aren't, I'm not tellin no stinking forum about this place.

Three words: Good For You You're one person, why should I care? Others can still advertise, you're not the only human on Earth.

Why must you keep asserting your point like your the dominant force here? You posted in a suggestion thread, not a command thread. Don't just tell people what is wrong and what is right (if you do, say it respectfully). So I'm going to stick to my opinion and wait to hear what others say. If others don't respond then the tally would equal 3 no's and 1 yes which by majority means that this would be a refused suggestion.

This is my last post here, so don't be "clever" by coming up with a witty retort. If you feel like it, I'll infract you for disrespect of a mod.
Monasti wrote:


ITS NOT ALL ABOUT THIS WEBSITE YOU FOOL
Thats so nice.

_________________



My avatar shows what I do to rule breakers. Dark blue is your bane. XD
Back to top Go down
http://www.friendcodes.com/
Fox
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Number of posts : 602
Location : College
Registration date : 2008-11-13
Nintendopeeps Coins : 12454316
Infractions : No infractions

PostSubject: Re: Getting rid of the "No Forums" rule   Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:40 pm

You have total authourity to do so Ganon.
If you feel disrepected,go ahead and if you need give'em a warning and if you don't want to give them one just infract them.
Thread Locked.

Ganondorf Spirits Group Says:
Thread moved to Nintendopeeps Garbage Section
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Getting rid of the "No Forums" rule   

Back to top Go down
 
Getting rid of the "No Forums" rule
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Nintendopeeps :: Nintendopeeps Garbage :: Nintendopeeps Garbage-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum