Nintendopeeps
Hello Viewers,
Welcome to Nintendopeeps. I hope that you enjoy the website and visit us again.

If you would like to communicate with other Nintendo fans, please join the forums and log in.
Nintendopeeps
Hello Viewers,
Welcome to Nintendopeeps. I hope that you enjoy the website and visit us again.

If you would like to communicate with other Nintendo fans, please join the forums and log in.
Nintendopeeps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Main websiteHomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New Super Mario Bros Wii Review

Go down 
AuthorMessage
BlueBulletBill

BlueBulletBill

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2010-01-04
Nintendopeeps Coins : 97
Infractions : No infractions

New Super Mario Bros Wii Review Empty
PostSubject: New Super Mario Bros Wii Review   New Super Mario Bros Wii Review I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 12:02 pm

New Super Mario Bros Wii

Well, as they say, second verse, same as the first. Nintendo has churned out another 2d Mario, this time for the Wii. I looked forward to this game with eager anticipation, hoping to finally have my nostalgia itch scratched. Well, Nintendo, you got a little bit closer, but you're not quite there yet.

Let's start with what's good about the game. Those Koopa Kids are finally back as the level bosses, and though Bowser Jr is also there, it doesn't dampen my enthusiasm much. Yoshi also makes a return, although in precious few levels, which you can't take him out of. A little Yoshi is better than none, I guess. The Koopa Suit and Mega Mushroom have thankfully been replaced by far more functional power-ups. The Ice Flower and Penguin Suit are no Tanooki, but they'll do. Oh, and there's this thing called MULTIPLAYER! Yes, I can proudly announce that the much paraded multiplayer is great. Whether co-op or vicious free-for-all, NSMB Wii is much better shared. Multiplayer is what redeems this game - seriously, I would have given it a 2/10 otherwise.

Now, the bad. I can sum up what I despise most about this game in three words - WAH! WAH HA HA! Yes, the annoying remixes from the DS are back to drag classic tunes through the mud again. Also, the level designs seem to focus more on mechanical gizmos that do not belong in the Mushroom Kingdom I know. From World 1-1 on, the levels are plagued by wheels and mushroom blocks that are truly aggravating. But perhaps the worst is the Super Guide system. Nintendo likes to baby their players lately, and that finds its way into NSMB Wii with the Super Guide system. If you bomb a level enough, you're greeted by an annoying, dinging green block. Because a silhouette of Bowser's face every time you die wasn't enough to insult you. When hit, this block has Luigi lead you through the level. Nothing too bad... except then you have to play through again. Why have this system if you still have to get through the same tough level yourself? I really don't know.

Pros:Better Power-Ups, Great Multiplayer
Cons:Music fails. Mechanical stages.
Nitpicker Says: Bowser Jr? ZOMG HES NOT A KOOPA KID!

Final: Though it isn't perfect by any means, NSMB Wii is a buy if you have friends to play it with. This will keep you tied over until Galaxy 2.
8.5/10
Back to top Go down
http://www.tormsgaming.darkbb.com

New Super Mario Bros Wii Review
Page 1 of 1