Nintendopeeps
Hello Viewers,
Welcome to Nintendopeeps. I hope that you enjoy the website and visit us again.

If you would like to communicate with other Nintendo fans, please join the forums and log in.
Nintendopeeps
Hello Viewers,
Welcome to Nintendopeeps. I hope that you enjoy the website and visit us again.

If you would like to communicate with other Nintendo fans, please join the forums and log in.
Nintendopeeps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Main websiteHomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Gears of War 2 Review

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
NinjaDragon1

NinjaDragon1

Number of posts : 291
Registration date : 2008-12-15
Nintendopeeps Coins : 455
Infractions : No infractions

Gears of War 2 Review Empty
PostSubject: Gears of War 2 Review   Gears of War 2 Review I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 8:32 pm

Gears of War 2 Review 2654213226_ec0f75833a

This is my first real review Very Happy

FPS=First Person Shooter
TPS=Third Person Shooter.

Gears of War 2 is a third person shooter game with a fantasy/futuristic touch.

Graphics, Glitches, and Gameplay Machanics: The first thing that I noticed when I first turned on and played the game was the graphics. They are amazing. The Xbox360 is known for having high graphics standards, but this went above and beyond in my oppinion.

In most FPS games you just run around shooting stuff and hoping you don't get hit back. GoW and GoW2 are different. They offer a unique cover system that allowes you to use just about anything and everything in your environment as cover, even your enemies. And each kind of cover reacts a little bit different when hit.
Gears of War 2 Review 1206gearsofwar.2
Gears of War 2 Review Gearswar2_b01_036

One of the few things that I didn't like about GoW2 was that sometimes the camera would get stuck in a wall or would swing around too much, leading to your charecter's death. Another small problem was that once in a while the cover system wouldn't work right, also leading to death.
While dieing in the game isn't conveniant, you will just go back to the last checkpoint. But you will lose any amunition or new guns that you picked up after that checkpoint.
The reason this game is rated R is for blood gore and swearing. And while I personally like those aspects some people may not. So there is an option to turn off the blood and swearing.Gears of War 2 Review 3012900414_beda4f494e

Storieline, Plot and Charecter development: While this game can be played as a stand alone game, it is best to play number one first. Otherwise you won't know why all this is happening or the reason why the main charecters are fighting.
The plot to the game is very well played out both in numbers one and two. Most of the charecters have at least a small back story and all are very nicely portrayed.

Over all I loved this game. It has a small amount of replay value in trying to get all the small little things like COG tags and Locust artifacts ( you will learn what those are when you play the game) and trying to beat all difficulties. This game really shines when played on multiplayer wether that be in storie mode or in the extensive Horde side game. So try to find a buddy to play with in real life or see if you can play online over Xboxlive.

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

That is the end of this review....wait it's finnally done? Shocked Haha ok thank you for reading.
Back to top Go down
Hugamari
Nintendopeeps Writer
Nintendopeeps Writer
Hugamari

Number of posts : 489
Registration date : 2009-02-07
Nintendopeeps Coins : 1231
Infractions : 4 infractions

PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 2 Review   Gears of War 2 Review I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 12:01 am

nice review, but I thought reviews were supposed to be for Nintendo Systems only :/
Back to top Go down
NinjaDragon1

NinjaDragon1

PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 2 Review   Gears of War 2 Review I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 12:02 am

I was told that I could do it on any game I wanted. But if not that's cool. I'll just play thru a nintendo game to get the review.
Back to top Go down
Hugamari
Nintendopeeps Writer
Nintendopeeps Writer
Hugamari

Number of posts : 489
Registration date : 2009-02-07
Nintendopeeps Coins : 1231
Infractions : 4 infractions

PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 2 Review   Gears of War 2 Review I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 1:47 am

I wasn't sure. When I asked, Marc told me it was nintendo games only :/
Back to top Go down
Big Bang

Big Bang

Number of posts : 1183
Registration date : 2008-10-26
Nintendopeeps Coins : 3081

PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 2 Review   Gears of War 2 Review I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 7:47 am

Ok,well,since this is not a nintendo game review,this would be Arrow moved Arrow to the General Gaming Discussion Forum.

Ninja,great review[you worked very hard on a review],but remember,next time,"nintendo"...

So everyone,this is now a discussion topic,so please chat about Gears of War 2 here.
Back to top Go down
https://nintendopeeps.1talk.net/forum.htm
Red-dead

Red-dead

Number of posts : 553
Registration date : 2009-04-16
Nintendopeeps Coins : 2229

PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 2 Review   Gears of War 2 Review I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 7:38 pm

Your review is a very neat, explanable one. Adding this to a review site would be a great idea and a first step to your reviewing career.
Back to top Go down
NinjaDragon1

NinjaDragon1

PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 2 Review   Gears of War 2 Review I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 10:12 pm

Thank you Eclinez.
Back to top Go down
Lady Mega

Lady Mega

Number of posts : 634
Registration date : 2009-03-28
Nintendopeeps Coins : 1061
Infractions : Member Banned

PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 2 Review   Gears of War 2 Review I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 10:12 pm

Hey ninja this is a great review
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 2 Review   Gears of War 2 Review I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gears of War 2 Review
Page 1 of 1