Nintendopeeps
Hello Viewers,
Welcome to Nintendopeeps. I hope that you enjoy the website and visit us again.

If you would like to communicate with other Nintendo fans, please join the forums and log in.
Nintendopeeps
Hello Viewers,
Welcome to Nintendopeeps. I hope that you enjoy the website and visit us again.

If you would like to communicate with other Nintendo fans, please join the forums and log in.
Nintendopeeps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Main websiteHomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Languages?

Go down 
+8
Red-dead
Fox
Anne Bonney
koopa_under_fire
Monasti
SpiritualHeart
Cinder
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Cinder

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2009-08-22
Nintendopeeps Coins : 660
Infractions : No infractions

Languages? Empty
PostSubject: Languages?   Languages? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 7:38 pm

So, is anyone here bi/tri/multi-lingual? What languages do you speak?

I speak English (obviously XD), a little Spanish, and I WANT to learn some Romanian.
Back to top Go down
SpiritualHeart

SpiritualHeart

Number of posts : 925
Registration date : 2008-12-06
Nintendopeeps Coins : 1146

Languages? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Languages?   Languages? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 9:06 pm

I speak English and Korean. Yeah, I'm Korean. I can speak and understand it well, but I can't read or write it. I'm not from Korea. I want to learn Greek.
Back to top Go down
Monasti
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Monasti

Number of posts : 926
Registration date : 2009-04-16
Nintendopeeps Coins : 2011

Languages? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Languages?   Languages? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 1:36 am

Here comes the list xD:

English
I can understand most french (i lived there for two years)
I know an insy winsy amount of irish (lived there for a year)
I have to do welsh for GCSE
I'm also doing German for GCSE.
Back to top Go down
koopa_under_fire

koopa_under_fire

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2009-08-25
Nintendopeeps Coins : 155

Languages? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Languages?   Languages? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 1:57 am

English, yo hablo muy poco espanol (probably messed that up) and that's it.
Back to top Go down
Cinder

Languages? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Languages?   Languages? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 5:21 am

That translates to "I speak very little Spanish"...if that's what you were shooting for, you got it...

If you were looking to say "I speak a little Spanish", it'd be "Yo hablo un poco español"...and a minor tip: since you're conjugating the verb in the Yo form, you don't NEED the "Yo" at the beginning. You can put it, but most Spanish speakers would know what you meant without it.

I'll stop showing off now XD
Back to top Go down
Anne Bonney

Anne Bonney

Number of posts : 1441
Registration date : 2008-11-18
Nintendopeeps Coins : 1292

Languages? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Languages?   Languages? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 5:36 am

Ah, languages!

Seeing as Spanish is on-topic, I'll just say that I learnt enough Spanish over two years to pass the final exam with a good grade, then didn't really keep it up - I can barely string sentences together now ^^;

German is another language that I studied (for five years this time) and have become a bit weaker in since I gave up the subject at school, but I can still read books in it fairly competently.

My mother is Dutch, so even if I'm still not the strongest speaker, I pretty much understand every word in conversation, which is helpful when relatives are around! If I was to claim I was bilingual (though probably not xD) it'd be because of the dutch, which I learnt before I learnt english Wink

In the last two years however, my fastest-learning language has been Japanese, I've been taking private lessons and I got by with it in Tokyo for a week - I even considered studying there for a year if I failed to get into university (forttunately that wasn't the case Razz)

I study a couple of other languages as well for their usefulness (my brother lives in Finland for example, and I learnt a few phrases before I went to Slovenia), but as yet they're works in progress =P

Pirate

The Random Super Unexpected Surprise Quiz

Right, congrats on getting this far Twinny Wink ....as this is a language page, there is only one thing to be done! Translate these words to find the right game and page for the next clue....(think of them as individual words; with so many languages, sentence structure goes out the window XD)

The languages being used are greek, german, chinese, finnish, spanish and dutch Razz

那個

juego

όπου

sinä

Lüge

over

de

上面的

πρόσωπο

sivulta

acht

Best of luck with all that; of course google translate is handy ;D

Hets

Last edited by Anne Bonney on Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Number of posts : 1662
Registration date : 2009-02-20
Nintendopeeps Coins : 1472

Languages? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Languages?   Languages? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 9:55 am

Oooh, I am bilingual! bounce

My mother-tongue is Urdu great I was born in Pakistan and have lived there for 17 years, before immigrating to Florida. Cool I bet many of you are surprised by that. Jokes

I learnt English in school there. All the courses (that are not about Urdu language Razz) are/were in English there. study After coming to Florida, just had a some problems with accents/slangs at first, but not anymore. Basketball

I also know (or atleast understand) Gujrati -that's one of the native South-Asian languages - well. My parents, grandparents and some relatives speak that sometimes. So I know what they're saying thum right

And That's my life-story lol!

Back to top Go down
koopa_under_fire

koopa_under_fire

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2009-08-25
Nintendopeeps Coins : 155

Languages? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Languages?   Languages? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 11:35 am

Cinder wrote:
That translates to "I speak very little Spanish"...if that's what you were shooting for, you got it...

If you were looking to say "I speak a little Spanish", it'd be "Yo hablo un poco español"...and a minor tip: since you're conjugating the verb in the Yo form, you don't NEED the "Yo" at the beginning. You can put it, but most Spanish speakers would know what you meant without it.

Yeah my teacher always says that, for the past 5 years, but I still put it there. Smile And I was going for I speak very little Spanish, I do know enough, but I don't try in class at all.
Back to top Go down
Fox
Administrator
Administrator
Fox

Number of posts : 602
Registration date : 2008-11-13
Nintendopeeps Coins : 12454316

Languages? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Languages?   Languages? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 8:17 pm

I'm for the the most part bi-lingual.
I'm really fluent when it come to the spanish and english language since I'm Latino.
I know a bit of Russian which is weird to know.
Back to top Go down
Cinder

Languages? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Languages?   Languages? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 9:31 am

koopa_under_fire wrote:
Cinder wrote:

Yeah my teacher always says that, for the past 5 years, but I still put it there. Smile And I was going for I speak very little Spanish, I do know enough, but I don't try in class at all.

Haha, well, like I said, there's nothing wrong with it XD My professors (two of the three have been native Spanish-speakers, one lived in Spain for a while) teach us not to worry about it, but as you and I both know, it's fine to do it ^_^ And at five years, I wouldn't be surprised if you knew more than me, unless the K-12 system barely teaches you anything. I'm working on the subjunctive in my class (granted, the book's really wonky about organization), so I don't know if you're on my level or not (still, 5 years vs. two semesters+2 weeks).

And Uzi, I actually have a Russian friend. Granted, he was brought to the US when he was two, so he doesn't know MUCH Russian, but he knows more than a lot of people I know XD
Back to top Go down
Red-dead

Red-dead

Number of posts : 553
Registration date : 2009-04-16
Nintendopeeps Coins : 2229

Languages? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Languages?   Languages? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 5:53 pm

Je parle le français et je suis... Sans doute 50 %.
Back to top Go down
Big Bang

Big Bang

Number of posts : 1183
Registration date : 2008-10-26
Nintendopeeps Coins : 3081

Languages? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Languages?   Languages? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 3:30 pm

Kilez wrote:
Je parle le français et je suis... Sans doute 50 %.
I see that you know some french, Jokes

I gave it up for spanish,lol.
Back to top Go down
https://nintendopeeps.1talk.net/forum.htm
Pokemonrock

Pokemonrock

Number of posts : 306
Registration date : 2009-01-27
Nintendopeeps Coins : 1054

Languages? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Languages?   Languages? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 1:46 pm

Francias, Espanol, English, and some Japanese and Chinese.
Back to top Go down
Ganondorf Spirits Group
Administrator
Administrator
Ganondorf Spirits Group

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2008-11-02
Nintendopeeps Coins : 1119

Languages? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Languages?   Languages? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 1:35 pm

Pokemonrock wrote:
Francias, Espanol, English, and some Japanese and Chinese.

Wow, thats awesome. Are you fluent with any/all? I only know a couple of Korean words and am taking Latin now. It's not much...
Back to top Go down
http://www.friendcodes.com/
Pokemonrock

Pokemonrock

Number of posts : 306
Registration date : 2009-01-27
Nintendopeeps Coins : 1054

Languages? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Languages?   Languages? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 7:15 pm

(spanish) Gracias.(french)Bonjour, Monsieur Ganondorf.(english)It`s been a while.! Oh, I almost forgot! Piglatin too! (piglatin) Hist si a rettyp oodg hreadt! (japanese) Konichiwa, Ganondorf-sa!(english) Wait... I forgot most Chinese... Actually, IDK how to spell Chinese. I`ll search it up!
P.S. I know latin as well. For you who don't know Latin and Own SSBB, beat Tabuu.
Back to top Go down
sami71

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2012-07-09
Nintendopeeps Coins : 207

Languages? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Languages?   Languages? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 6:18 am

I know English and Hindi
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Languages? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Languages?   Languages? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Languages?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Nintendopeeps :: Entertainment :: General Discussion-
Jump to:  
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com