Nintendopeeps
Hello Viewers,
Welcome to Nintendopeeps. I hope that you enjoy the website and visit us again.

If you would like to communicate with other Nintendo fans, please join the forums and log in.
Nintendopeeps
Hello Viewers,
Welcome to Nintendopeeps. I hope that you enjoy the website and visit us again.

If you would like to communicate with other Nintendo fans, please join the forums and log in.
Nintendopeeps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Main websiteHomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Pokemon Platinum:The Giratina Chronicle

Go down 
+4
Pokemonrock
The Pokemon Master
SpiritualHeart
Fox
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Fox
Administrator
Administrator
Fox

Number of posts : 602
Registration date : 2008-11-13
Nintendopeeps Coins : 12454316
Infractions : No infractions

Pokemon Platinum:The Giratina Chronicle Empty
PostSubject: Pokemon Platinum:The Giratina Chronicle   Pokemon Platinum:The Giratina Chronicle I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 2:13 am

Pokemon Platinum:The Giratina Chronicle PokemonPlatinum

Release Date:September 13,2008(JAP)
March 22,2009(USA)

Pokemon Platinum is the third installment of the Diamond and Pearl generation in the popular Pokemon franchise.The game centralizes in the fictional region of Sinnoh where there you encounter rare and never before seen Pokemon.Pokemon Platinum is almost the same as the last two games,but with a few new installments.Some of the new tweaks in the games are shown below:
Sorry,but I did not have a reliable source for pictures so this will do for now.

This is the sprite of one of the protoganist in the game.Most people know her from the anime series as Dawn.Both the male and the female protoganist get a change in their wardrobe.
Pokemon Platinum:The Giratina Chronicle DawnPlatinumSprites

Pokemon Platinum has put in a couple of new forms for some of the legendaries like Shaymyn:Sky forme and Giratina:Origin Forme.
Pokemon Platinum:The Giratina Chronicle Skyformshaymin
Pokemon Platinum:The Giratina Chronicle GiratinaOriginForme

In addition to the new forms,there is also two new main characters.
The International Police Officer:Looker and Team Galactic Professor:Charon.
They both have a key part in the game.

There are so many new features on this game that it would take a really long time to describe each one.I am going to list most of them with a short description.

-A NEW Sinnoh Dex.Trainers now have to have seen 207(210 actually,but Manaphy,Dialga,and Palkia are optional or only obtained after the National Dex.)to recieve the National PokeDex.

-There are now more than just Cresselia and Mesprit roaming around in Sinnoh after you recieve the National Dex.(Mesprit is available before.)You're now able to catch Legenadary Bird Trio.They're obtainable at level 60.

-Ah...the new addition of the Distortion World.Instead of fighting Palkia or Dialga(depended on which game you had),you now have to enter this place with Cynthia(Pokemon Champion) on a chase for Cyrus(Team Galactic Leader).After you and Cynthia find him and you defeat him,you will have a chance to battle and possibly catch the Spirit Leviathan,Giratina,in its Origin Forme.Though once you leave this place,Giratina will transform back to its Land Forme.After you defeat the Elite 4,you're given a chance to go back to the Distortion World.You will need to get through the puzzle in Turnback cave to find the entrance to the Distortion World.

-Pokemon Platinum introduces something that has not been seen since Pokemon Emerald;The Battle Frontier.The Battle Frontier makes its way back to the Sinnoh region with 5 new frontier brains.
>Battle Factory:The same as the Emerald version.Battles are three-on-three and you can only use rental Pokemon given here.
>Battle Tower:Nothing has changed here.Same four counter assistants for either Single,Double,Multiplayer,or Wi-fi Battling.
>Battle Roulette:Single or Multi battles are done here.3-on-3 or 2-on-2 depending on what you spin on the wheel.
>Battle Castle:Almost like the Battle Tower except your Pokemon aren't heal after each match.Instead you earn Castle Points and you are able to spend them on either healing your Pokemon or seeing the opponents team.
>Battle Stage:In this battle area you don't get to pick your team,but you do get to pick on which type of Pokemon you would like to face.

-The Rotom and Regi's factor:Rotom is now available with new forms if you recieved the secret key from via Wi-fi.Regirock,Registeel,and Regice are now available in the game at level 30 if you obtained the Movie Regigigas from the Eleventh Pokemon Movie.

Like I said there is too much to post on here,but I suggest keeping an eye at Serebii.net for more information.

Works Cited:
http://serebii.net/platinum/
Back to top Go down
SpiritualHeart

SpiritualHeart

Number of posts : 925
Registration date : 2008-12-06
Nintendopeeps Coins : 1146

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Platinum:The Giratina Chronicle   Pokemon Platinum:The Giratina Chronicle I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 9:58 am

I thought pokemon platinum comes out on Marc 22,2009. When I went to serebii.net a few days ago, it said that Pokemon Plat. Comes out in March 22,09
Back to top Go down
Fox
Administrator
Administrator
Fox

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Platinum:The Giratina Chronicle   Pokemon Platinum:The Giratina Chronicle I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 2:31 pm

Yea the Japanese version came out in September 13 2008.The English version comes out March 22,2009.
Back to top Go down
SpiritualHeart

SpiritualHeart

Number of posts : 925
Registration date : 2008-12-06
Nintendopeeps Coins : 1146

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Platinum:The Giratina Chronicle   Pokemon Platinum:The Giratina Chronicle I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 4:54 pm

my bad,didnt see it
Back to top Go down
The Pokemon Master

The Pokemon Master

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2009-01-03
Nintendopeeps Coins : 497

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Platinum:The Giratina Chronicle   Pokemon Platinum:The Giratina Chronicle I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 2:54 pm

This game sounds really great.
Back to top Go down
http://www.eptcforums.forumotion.net
The Pokemon Master

The Pokemon Master

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Platinum:The Giratina Chronicle   Pokemon Platinum:The Giratina Chronicle I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 2:55 pm

I beat the Japanese version already though and it was hard.....because it was Japanese. I couldn't understand.
Back to top Go down
The Pokemon Master

The Pokemon Master

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Platinum:The Giratina Chronicle   Pokemon Platinum:The Giratina Chronicle I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 2:56 pm

Anyway, the game was definitely a 5-star, though it's kind of confusing at first. It's got too many stuff added together like different worlds and forms. Kind of stressful, but once you figure it out, it's easy as Diamond/Pearl.
Back to top Go down
Fox
Administrator
Administrator
Fox

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Platinum:The Giratina Chronicle   Pokemon Platinum:The Giratina Chronicle I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 2:55 pm

I was thinking about getting this game in Jap.,but then decided not to because I'd rather enjoi the game and not get it with a language that's unknown to me.Anyway,I already have access to Plat. tutor moves.
Back to top Go down
The Pokemon Master

The Pokemon Master

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Platinum:The Giratina Chronicle   Pokemon Platinum:The Giratina Chronicle I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 8:30 pm

S.Fox wrote:
I was thinking about getting this game in Jap.,but then decided not to because I'd rather enjoi the game and not get it with a language that's unknown to me.Anyway,I already have access to Plat. tutor moves.

That's a smart choice. I got the game in Japanese and wow, it was so hard because of the language! I couldn't understand a THING. Luckily, it was a lot like D/P, so I managed and wrote my own little complete walkthrough. Anyway, the point is, don't buy the game in Japanese unless you are smart and only care about beating the game or writing a walkthrough.
Back to top Go down
Pokemonrock

Pokemonrock

Number of posts : 306
Registration date : 2009-01-27
Nintendopeeps Coins : 1054

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Platinum:The Giratina Chronicle   Pokemon Platinum:The Giratina Chronicle I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 1:57 pm

I can't wait.
Back to top Go down
AllSmiles

AllSmiles

Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2009-02-05
Nintendopeeps Coins : 536

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Platinum:The Giratina Chronicle   Pokemon Platinum:The Giratina Chronicle I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 5:09 pm

I like the game, but kinda feel it ruined competitive play by making certain pokes way too powerful. I still want it though.
Back to top Go down
The Pokemon Master

The Pokemon Master

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Platinum:The Giratina Chronicle   Pokemon Platinum:The Giratina Chronicle I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 11:20 am

Has anyone here reserved there game yet?
Back to top Go down
pokemaster555

pokemaster555

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2009-02-12
Nintendopeeps Coins : 28

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Platinum:The Giratina Chronicle   Pokemon Platinum:The Giratina Chronicle I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 1:09 am

The Pokemon Master wrote:
Has anyone here reserved there game yet?
i have
Back to top Go down
Red-dead

Red-dead

Number of posts : 553
Registration date : 2009-04-16
Nintendopeeps Coins : 2229

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Platinum:The Giratina Chronicle   Pokemon Platinum:The Giratina Chronicle I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 1:42 am

I like this thread. About the 207 pokemon to be seen, when you go up to Spear Pillar for the first time, the pokemon are there. Wink
Back to top Go down

Number of posts : 1662
Registration date : 2009-02-20
Nintendopeeps Coins : 1472

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Platinum:The Giratina Chronicle   Pokemon Platinum:The Giratina Chronicle I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 8:58 am

Should this thread be discussed in the "Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum" section? Razz

~Avatar
Back to top Go down
Red-dead

Red-dead

Number of posts : 553
Registration date : 2009-04-16
Nintendopeeps Coins : 2229

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Platinum:The Giratina Chronicle   Pokemon Platinum:The Giratina Chronicle I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 4:07 pm

Agreed. Therefore....

Thread moved.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Platinum:The Giratina Chronicle   Pokemon Platinum:The Giratina Chronicle I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1