Nintendopeeps
Hello Viewers,
Welcome to Nintendopeeps. I hope that you enjoy the website and visit us again.

If you would like to communicate with other Nintendo fans, please join the forums and log in.
Nintendopeeps
Hello Viewers,
Welcome to Nintendopeeps. I hope that you enjoy the website and visit us again.

If you would like to communicate with other Nintendo fans, please join the forums and log in.
Nintendopeeps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Main websiteHomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hugo's OC's, Poll's, and Stuff! (ANSWER THE POLL PLEASE!)

Go down 
+4
mrglowy
Monasti
Corduroy
Hugamari
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

What Should New Girl's Name Be?
Victoria
Hugo's OC's, Poll's, and Stuff! (ANSWER THE POLL PLEASE!) Vote_lcap10%Hugo's OC's, Poll's, and Stuff! (ANSWER THE POLL PLEASE!) Vote_rcap1
 0% [ 0 ]
Samantha
Hugo's OC's, Poll's, and Stuff! (ANSWER THE POLL PLEASE!) Vote_lcap10%Hugo's OC's, Poll's, and Stuff! (ANSWER THE POLL PLEASE!) Vote_rcap1
 0% [ 0 ]
Jamie
 0% [ 0 ]
Nina
Hugo's OC's, Poll's, and Stuff! (ANSWER THE POLL PLEASE!) Vote_lcap150%Hugo's OC's, Poll's, and Stuff! (ANSWER THE POLL PLEASE!) Vote_rcap1
 50% [ 1 ]
Rocksi
Hugo's OC's, Poll's, and Stuff! (ANSWER THE POLL PLEASE!) Vote_lcap150%Hugo's OC's, Poll's, and Stuff! (ANSWER THE POLL PLEASE!) Vote_rcap1
 50% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 2

AuthorMessage
Hugamari
Nintendopeeps Writer
Nintendopeeps Writer
Hugamari

Number of posts : 489
Registration date : 2009-02-07
Nintendopeeps Coins : 1231
Infractions : 4 infractions

Hugo's OC's, Poll's, and Stuff! (ANSWER THE POLL PLEASE!) Empty
PostSubject: Hugo's OC's, Poll's, and Stuff! (ANSWER THE POLL PLEASE!)   Hugo's OC's, Poll's, and Stuff! (ANSWER THE POLL PLEASE!) I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 2:50 am

Hugo's OC's, Poll's, and Stuff! (ANSWER THE POLL PLEASE!) Jewl
here is my first one, Jewl. I used a tutorial to learn the shading and such, so please go easy on me =P

please comment.

Last edited by Hugamari on Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:59 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I changed the title and added a poll!)
Back to top Go down
Corduroy

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2009-04-25
Nintendopeeps Coins : 45
Infractions : No infractions

PostSubject: Re: Hugo's OC's, Poll's, and Stuff! (ANSWER THE POLL PLEASE!)   Hugo's OC's, Poll's, and Stuff! (ANSWER THE POLL PLEASE!) I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 6:43 am

WoW 2/10
Back to top Go down
Hugamari
Nintendopeeps Writer
Nintendopeeps Writer
Hugamari

PostSubject: Re: Hugo's OC's, Poll's, and Stuff! (ANSWER THE POLL PLEASE!)   Hugo's OC's, Poll's, and Stuff! (ANSWER THE POLL PLEASE!) I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 12:55 pm

thanks, I feel special...
Back to top Go down
Monasti
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Monasti

Number of posts : 926
Registration date : 2009-04-16
Nintendopeeps Coins : 2011

PostSubject: Re: Hugo's OC's, Poll's, and Stuff! (ANSWER THE POLL PLEASE!)   Hugo's OC's, Poll's, and Stuff! (ANSWER THE POLL PLEASE!) I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 1:01 pm

I wouldn't call it amazing, i guess...

Actually, pretty bad in my opinion. BUT here is the help:

Try to imagine the set-out of the body, and shapes and sizes before you draw. The neck is out of proportion, so if you can fix things like that it would look much better.

Can't wait for the next (hopefully better) one.
Back to top Go down
Hugamari
Nintendopeeps Writer
Nintendopeeps Writer
Hugamari

PostSubject: Re: Hugo's OC's, Poll's, and Stuff! (ANSWER THE POLL PLEASE!)   Hugo's OC's, Poll's, and Stuff! (ANSWER THE POLL PLEASE!) I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 1:07 pm

thanks for the complement...
Back to top Go down
mrglowy

mrglowy

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2009-02-26
Nintendopeeps Coins : 292

PostSubject: Re: Hugo's OC's, Poll's, and Stuff! (ANSWER THE POLL PLEASE!)   Hugo's OC's, Poll's, and Stuff! (ANSWER THE POLL PLEASE!) I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 2:32 pm

Hey nice job:] i like it
Back to top Go down
Anne Bonney

Anne Bonney

Number of posts : 1441
Registration date : 2008-11-18
Nintendopeeps Coins : 1292

PostSubject: Re: Hugo's OC's, Poll's, and Stuff! (ANSWER THE POLL PLEASE!)   Hugo's OC's, Poll's, and Stuff! (ANSWER THE POLL PLEASE!) I_icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 12:54 pm

It's good for a first try =) The shading is very well done, and I can see that you've put a lot of effort into the open eye! The expression I like as well - She'd seem like a fun friend =D

I can see a few areas where improvements could be made, some are easier than others ^^
1) There are quite a few lines and bits of black which don't need to be there, and make the picture look scruffy. Just getting rid of them would help a lot, I think =)
2) The hair needs to be bigger, and fuller, particularly the ponytail. There should be enough hair to be able to imagine it all draping round her shoulders and arms.
3) Like I said before, your shading looks really good! So it'd be great if you could do the same to her hair as well, to make it a job well finished =D But hair's a bit different to skin shading, so here's an example (seeing as you appear very good at picking up tips from tutorials Very Happy). Notice that the shading on the hair is all zig-zaggy, and a bit rounded, and that brings up the idea of different strands of hair =) And it's always helpful to know where your light is coming from :
Hugo's OC's, Poll's, and Stuff! (ANSWER THE POLL PLEASE!) Lighttuto

Lastly, as has been said, the anatomy could do with some more work, but I've found that generally just comes with practice ^^ If you really want to get it right first time, try and use a picture, or even yourself in the mirror, as a guide to proportions =D

But overall, I like this =) And hopefully you'll be posting more work - like I said, you seem to have done well with just one shading tutorial, so try some more =D

Pirate
Back to top Go down
Hugamari
Nintendopeeps Writer
Nintendopeeps Writer
Hugamari

PostSubject: Re: Hugo's OC's, Poll's, and Stuff! (ANSWER THE POLL PLEASE!)   Hugo's OC's, Poll's, and Stuff! (ANSWER THE POLL PLEASE!) I_icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 1:53 pm

thanks anne! anatomy is like, my worst subject, especially when it comes to drawing heads...and even your simple little guidance pic is awesome DX...anyways, I just saw those lines :/ my pic was all gappy so i used those lines to close them off...forgot to get rid of them...lol. I am probably going to try these twins I made next, or maybe just one of them at a time...

oh, I am guessing you either scanned that pic, or you have a tablet? anyways just curious...
Back to top Go down
Anne Bonney

Anne Bonney

Number of posts : 1441
Registration date : 2008-11-18
Nintendopeeps Coins : 1292

PostSubject: Re: Hugo's OC's, Poll's, and Stuff! (ANSWER THE POLL PLEASE!)   Hugo's OC's, Poll's, and Stuff! (ANSWER THE POLL PLEASE!) I_icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 3:36 pm

I think your head itself is okay anatomy-wise, just the neck and the shoulders need to be somewhat more structured. If you can feel your collarbone, it's almost like a straight line that goes nearly to the end of your shoulders, and the neck starts fairly thin and slopes out just a little bit =P It's really difficult though - personally, I still have serious issues with arms and legs =S

For the example, I just used MS Paint, as I always do ^^; I cheated, using a mirror and my own hairstyle (though I'm not grey XD). See, it's always ten times easier if you have something to copy from, rather than starting out from scratch great

Twins, huh? Sounds interesting! Good luck!

Pirate
Back to top Go down
Hugamari
Nintendopeeps Writer
Nintendopeeps Writer
Hugamari

PostSubject: Hugo's OC's and stuff! *NEW PIC*   Hugo's OC's, Poll's, and Stuff! (ANSWER THE POLL PLEASE!) I_icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 3:56 pm

you must have really nice hair, lol

I also think I have alot of trouble with clothing, but my major problems are....the rest of the body, lol

Edit: Here is pic #2, i think i did a little better, seeing how this wasn't at 5:00 in the morning and I got awesome tips from everyone, here it is...

Hugo's OC's, Poll's, and Stuff! (ANSWER THE POLL PLEASE!) Naomi

please comment thanks
Back to top Go down
mrglowy

mrglowy

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2009-02-26
Nintendopeeps Coins : 292

PostSubject: Re: Hugo's OC's, Poll's, and Stuff! (ANSWER THE POLL PLEASE!)   Hugo's OC's, Poll's, and Stuff! (ANSWER THE POLL PLEASE!) I_icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 10:25 pm

hey its very nice:] nicely done? i love seing art from others because it makes me even more want to become a better artist
Back to top Go down
Darku^^

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2009-02-15
Nintendopeeps Coins : 221

PostSubject: Re: Hugo's OC's, Poll's, and Stuff! (ANSWER THE POLL PLEASE!)   Hugo's OC's, Poll's, and Stuff! (ANSWER THE POLL PLEASE!) I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 3:45 pm

the lighting the wrong way
Back to top Go down
Hugamari
Nintendopeeps Writer
Nintendopeeps Writer
Hugamari

PostSubject: Re: Hugo's OC's, Poll's, and Stuff! (ANSWER THE POLL PLEASE!)   Hugo's OC's, Poll's, and Stuff! (ANSWER THE POLL PLEASE!) I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 3:59 pm

I realized that after I looked at it...when i was drawing it i didn't pay much attention
Back to top Go down
Red-dead

Red-dead

Number of posts : 553
Nintendopeeps Coins : 2229

PostSubject: Re: Hugo's OC's, Poll's, and Stuff! (ANSWER THE POLL PLEASE!)   Hugo's OC's, Poll's, and Stuff! (ANSWER THE POLL PLEASE!) I_icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 2:47 am

Hugo Rygo wrote:
you must have really nice hair, lol

I also think I have alot of trouble with clothing, but my major problems are....the rest of the body, lol

Edit: Here is pic #2, i think i did a little better, seeing how this wasn't at 5:00 in the morning and I got awesome tips from everyone, here it is...

Hugo's OC's, Poll's, and Stuff! (ANSWER THE POLL PLEASE!) Naomi

please comment thanks

Make shirts that cover the... uh... affraid
Back to top Go down
Hugamari
Nintendopeeps Writer
Nintendopeeps Writer
Hugamari

PostSubject: Re: Hugo's OC's, Poll's, and Stuff! (ANSWER THE POLL PLEASE!)   Hugo's OC's, Poll's, and Stuff! (ANSWER THE POLL PLEASE!) I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 4:49 pm

uhm, lol? I do have characters like that...but anyways, here is something different for you all!

Hugo's OC's, Poll's, and Stuff! (ANSWER THE POLL PLEASE!) PandraPwagonPandoom

Pandra, Pwagon, Pandoom!

Pandra-Normal/Dragon, the Panda Pokemon. Pandra lives in tropical forests and caves alike. It can not yet fly or use many powers.

Base Stats:
HP: 50
Attack: 50
Defense: 40
Sp.Atk: 45
Sp.Def: 60
Speed: 50

gives 1 hp ev

Learned TM's

1-Focus Punch
2-Dragon Claw
3-Water Pulse
5-Roar
6-Toxic
11-Sunny Day
17-Protect
18-Rain Dance
20-Safeguard
21-Frustration
23-Iron Tail
24-Thunderbolt
27-Return
28-Dig
31-Brick Break
32-Double Team
34-Shock Wave
37-Sandstorm
38-Fire Blast
39-Rock Tomb
40-Aerial Ace
42-Facade
43-Secret Power
44-Rest
45-Attract
47-Steel Wing
51-Roost
56-Fling
57-Charge Beam
58-Endure
59-Dragon Pulse
60-Drain Punch
65-Shadow Claw
66-Payback
71-Stone Edge
72-Avalanche
75-Swords Dance
78-Captivate
80-Rock Slide
82-Sleep Talk
83-Natural Gift
84-Poison Jab
87-Swagger
90-Substitute
HM4-Strength
HM5-Defog
HM6-Rock Smash

Elevated Moves
1-Dragon Rage
1-Leer
7-Water Gun
8-Ember
9-Ice Shard
18-Dragon Dance
20-Dragon Tail***
24-Ice Fang
28-Thunderfang
32-Fire Fang
40-Outrage
47-Dynamic Punch

since I am tired, this will be all you get in info for now =)
Back to top Go down
Red-dead

Red-dead

Number of posts : 553
Nintendopeeps Coins : 2229

PostSubject: Re: Hugo's OC's, Poll's, and Stuff! (ANSWER THE POLL PLEASE!)   Hugo's OC's, Poll's, and Stuff! (ANSWER THE POLL PLEASE!) I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 12:11 am

They're good as well! Nice job!
Back to top Go down
Hugamari
Nintendopeeps Writer
Nintendopeeps Writer
Hugamari

PostSubject: Re: Hugo's OC's, Poll's, and Stuff! (ANSWER THE POLL PLEASE!)   Hugo's OC's, Poll's, and Stuff! (ANSWER THE POLL PLEASE!) I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 4:57 am

thanks cn

on a totally different story...

cn=cartoon network

thank you again cartoon network!
Back to top Go down
Hugamari
Nintendopeeps Writer
Nintendopeeps Writer
Hugamari

PostSubject: Re: Hugo's OC's, Poll's, and Stuff! (ANSWER THE POLL PLEASE!)   Hugo's OC's, Poll's, and Stuff! (ANSWER THE POLL PLEASE!) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 12:09 am

okay, after being gone for awhile, I have drawn quite a bit of pics, some better than others, anyways, here they are...

first up, Yoko, Naomi's sister

Hugo's OC's, Poll's, and Stuff! (ANSWER THE POLL PLEASE!) YokoEPICd

Next, is Chain, an oc that is not for my story, but a game me and my friend played

Hugo's OC's, Poll's, and Stuff! (ANSWER THE POLL PLEASE!) ChainPIMPd

After that, Ali, based upon the design of the karate girl of the 3rd generation, with my own twist

Hugo's OC's, Poll's, and Stuff! (ANSWER THE POLL PLEASE!) AliFINFTTd

Finally, Charity, a typical high school girl, or is she?

Hugo's OC's, Poll's, and Stuff! (ANSWER THE POLL PLEASE!) CharityWTFIBd

tell me what you think!
Back to top Go down
Monasti
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Monasti

PostSubject: Re: Hugo's OC's, Poll's, and Stuff! (ANSWER THE POLL PLEASE!)   Hugo's OC's, Poll's, and Stuff! (ANSWER THE POLL PLEASE!) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 10:54 am

Yoko is better than before, the shading is done well. Overall a 8/10 IMO
Chain is, well, to be blunt, awesome. I love the hair, and you got the proportions just right, excpet his shoulders could be broader but thats just me having a whine. Overall 9.5/10
Ali is a bit manly IMO, with very broad shoulders. But overall very good. 7/10
And Charity. I think she is the worst out of the lot. Try and make her slightly bigger. 5/10

And ways to improve: Try to look at other peoples art and look carefully at the way the human body (male and female) curves and bends. Follow the body around a bit, look at the lines and indentations. This will help you with body shape alot.
Back to top Go down
Hugamari
Nintendopeeps Writer
Nintendopeeps Writer
Hugamari

PostSubject: Re: Hugo's OC's, Poll's, and Stuff! (ANSWER THE POLL PLEASE!)   Hugo's OC's, Poll's, and Stuff! (ANSWER THE POLL PLEASE!) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 2:11 pm

thanks for commenting!!!

I personally am not a fan of those last 2 pics either, it looks like ali has a huge head, and charity, I was not in the mood to draw that day...heheh

^_^
Back to top Go down
Hugamari
Nintendopeeps Writer
Nintendopeeps Writer
Hugamari

PostSubject: OMG Another picture from hugo!   Hugo's OC's, Poll's, and Stuff! (ANSWER THE POLL PLEASE!) I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 3:09 am

Hugo's OC's, Poll's, and Stuff! (ANSWER THE POLL PLEASE!) NaomiYAYd

just drew this spur of the moment, pretty crappy imo but wanted yall's opinions!
Back to top Go down
Monasti
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Monasti

PostSubject: Re: Hugo's OC's, Poll's, and Stuff! (ANSWER THE POLL PLEASE!)   Hugo's OC's, Poll's, and Stuff! (ANSWER THE POLL PLEASE!) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 3:12 am

Its one of your better ones, but you need to learn to, uh, (how do i say this???) Perhaps, uh, learn to draw the female-parts better.

And the head looks quite big, but i think it goes well with your type of drawings.
Back to top Go down
Hugamari
Nintendopeeps Writer
Nintendopeeps Writer
Hugamari

PostSubject: Re: Hugo's OC's, Poll's, and Stuff! (ANSWER THE POLL PLEASE!)   Hugo's OC's, Poll's, and Stuff! (ANSWER THE POLL PLEASE!) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 4:27 am

yah, the head looked a little off to me too

and also, i agree. though guys aren't my better gender, I need work on girls too Wink
Back to top Go down
Dark Angelica
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Angelica

Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2009-05-27
Nintendopeeps Coins : 881

PostSubject: Re: Hugo's OC's, Poll's, and Stuff! (ANSWER THE POLL PLEASE!)   Hugo's OC's, Poll's, and Stuff! (ANSWER THE POLL PLEASE!) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 4:41 am

Hello my dear friend.
I personally think you did brilliantly
Back to top Go down
Hugamari
Nintendopeeps Writer
Nintendopeeps Writer
Hugamari

PostSubject: Re: Hugo's OC's, Poll's, and Stuff! (ANSWER THE POLL PLEASE!)   Hugo's OC's, Poll's, and Stuff! (ANSWER THE POLL PLEASE!) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 6:07 am

hehe

w/e you say chao, lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hugo's OC's, Poll's, and Stuff! (ANSWER THE POLL PLEASE!)   Hugo's OC's, Poll's, and Stuff! (ANSWER THE POLL PLEASE!) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hugo's OC's, Poll's, and Stuff! (ANSWER THE POLL PLEASE!)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next