Nintendopeeps
Hello Viewers,
Welcome to Nintendopeeps. I hope that you enjoy the website and visit us again.

If you would like to communicate with other Nintendo fans, please join the forums and log in.
Nintendopeeps
Hello Viewers,
Welcome to Nintendopeeps. I hope that you enjoy the website and visit us again.

If you would like to communicate with other Nintendo fans, please join the forums and log in.
Nintendopeeps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Main websiteHomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A series of unexpected blogs...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anne Bonney

Anne Bonney

Number of posts : 1441
Registration date : 2008-11-18
Nintendopeeps Coins : 1292
Infractions : No infractions

A series of unexpected blogs... Empty
PostA series of unexpected blogs...

...or possibly just one blog, for the time being! University-life has taken its toll, and I'm finding my time being pulled from uner me like a rug from under my feet sometimes...still, at least I'm starting to find a balance between work and leisure now, hence my ability to come here. 1am in the morning is early here, practically the beginning of the evening! But I figured I'd write just one day's blog as a snapshot of the university life here =)

I needed to get up at 7:30am today, and as I'd been up until 2am the night before playing cards with my staircase (staircase = my 8 student neighbours in the part of the great old stone building we live in) I needed an alarm. Yesterday morning, one alarm had failed to wake me up and I woke up ten minutes before my lecture...so today I set four alarms, which did the trick!

I got up, showered, tidied my room, had a look over th essay I was working on, and went to the staircase kitchen to have breakfast - cheese on toast. Already there was the Finnish girl I know from down the corridor, and my neighbour who had his birthday just on Tuesday. The general rule though is that everyone is quiet at breakfast; it is very early for students, after all!

Walked alone to the lecture, a lesson on archaeology which was given by a middle-aged lady who had an accent just like Fiona Bruce and/or Anne Widdecombe. That I went to the trouble of figuring the accent out shows how many notes I wrote during the lecture.... not up to my usual standard! Still, it was a good hour and I learned quite a bit there. My best friend doing that part of the history course was away, working on the essay due today. She was very ill though, so I don't know whether she's done okay. Not as ill as another staircase-buddy, who has fallen ill with Swine Flu. We're expecting a lot of cases like that at the college.

Afterwards I went to the library and finished off my essay, a week's worth of hard work! No doubt it'll be heavily criticised by my supervising teacher tomorrow....at least I met the deadline, I guess. I was tired out, so afterwards I went straight back to my room and fell asleep. An hour later, I was awoken by my neighbour knocking on my door; he and two others in the staircase wanted to go down for a meal in 'the buttery', the name of our canteen in the university. So I groggily went with them. The meal was good though; rice and sweet & sour vegetables Very Happy

After lunch, we went back, and I spent the afternoon writing notes and talking on msn. I also wrote an email to my parents, who are missing me quite a bit. Dad wrote that he was disappointed that my 'noisy pet birds were still alive'. How nice!
Made my own dinner, pasta and tomato sauce. A staple student diet! Then we went to the cellars, an underground area in the university that used to be a crypt which has now been converted into a relaxing area for students. I was taught poker, and only played well because my partner in the game was a master at it!

Then later, we went on the roof of the building...I was scared of heights, and felt quite panicky up there. Soon however, somebody saw us from the window and told us that it wasn't really permitted, what we were doing, so we left again.

Played some leap-frog outside the student building, then the others (around ten of them) went into the student kitchen while I came back here to talk to my good Twin for a while :N ...then later I returned and chatted with them in the kitchen too. They were having conversations about electrons and isometric....whatchamacallits...I don't know much of science!

And now I'm here, relaxing before bed, and a reasonably early night Wink

Pirate
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

A series of unexpected blogs... :: Comments

No Comment.

A series of unexpected blogs...

Page 1 of 1